1712 Burford Road, Bon Air
Chesterfield County, VA
Updated March 28 2016
The GILLIAM-Bullington House at 1712 Buford Road.
The present Colonial Revival house of 1916 incorporates the simple two-story Victorian frame cottage that was originally built on the lot around 1881. The gable-front facade of the older dwelling is clearly seen on the north side of the present house. It was built for Colonel Marshall M. GILLIAM, a Richmond lawyer, who became one of Bon Air's first year-round residents.
The GILLIAM House is the second oldest home in the famous former Victorian-era summer resort community of Bon Air. With 4,700 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, and 65-foot veranda with French doors opening from formal rooms. Sits on 1.6 acres with butler’s house, carriage house, and garden folly.